We have a few Saturday courses too
These one day Curtain Making Courses are perfect for anyone who is a beginner and that would like to make their own curtains. We don’t all have the time to do consecutive days of learning, on these one day courses you can learn when you have the time, just one day at a time. We call it bite sized learning.
We start by talking through:-
- Choosing which fabrics and window treatments is best for your windows
- Curtain headings: Selecting and applying curtain heading tapes or pinch pleat, double, triple, goblet or cartridge headings.
- How to work out how many widths you will need to make the fullness of your curtains.
- Working with Pattern repeats and cutting to pattern repeats and placement of pattern.
- Measuring and Cutting – we then show you the importance of accurate measurement – how to measure and where to measure from etc.
- We then get to the exciting part and we start to assemble our curtain and lining, then how to urn up hems and how to mitre your corners.
- We demonstrate joining fabric widths etc
- Then finally how to hang and dress in your curtains so they look their very best.
There are 4 one day courses you can attend.
Course number one – A simple lined curtain – this is a basic starting point if you are a beginner, you will learn how mitre the corner so look really neat and professional, add corner weights, how to add a lining correctly and to finished it off with a heading using a pencil pleat tape.
Course number two – An Interlined Curtain using buckram heading:-when you have completed day one you can then up your skills by learning how to make the very best of curtains, you will learn which interlining is suitable for which fabrics and we will finish off making a heading using buckram to produce a double, triple pleat or goblet pleats or all three if you wish.
Course number three – an Interlined Curtain adding a contrasting edge:- When you have completed days one and two you can enhance your curtain making skills even further by leaning how to make an Interlined Curtain and adding a fabulous Contrasting Edge. This curtain will blow your mind – they are beautiful and one of my favourites.
Course number four – Wave Heading:- Wave heading are coming very popular now, they are very contempory and clean cut, perfect for covering the very large windows we use in modern living spaces. We will teach you not only which fabrics to use and how to make them but also what you will need to hang them from, specialised track and pole.