This one-day course that is ideal for those who wish to learn how to make their own hand-stitched professional roman blinds.
This one day course will introduce you to the techniques of making a standard roman blind, calculating fabric quantities and the number and size of folds required. The Sample blind will be fitted to a track system that fully complies with the new Child Safety for Blinds Requirements.
All materials and tools are supplied and included in the course cost.
Meet for coffee at 9.30am – course starts at 10 o’clock
We start by talking through:-
- We start by talking through the Child Safety Legislation/compliance that has to be adhered too.
- How to measure for various types of blinds
- Discuss use of various types of blinds.
- How are you going to fit the blind
- Tips on which fitting to use – either wooden batten, aluminum headrail or cassette type and how to hang.
- Pattern placement.
- Calculating quantites of fabric
We then begin to make up our blind.
Firstly we cut out our interlining, lining and face fabric.
Break for Lunch
Continue to make up your Roman Blind while working out where your blind will fold.
Once you have completed your blind we hang it and stand back to admire your workmanship and see how clever you are !!
Prices – £160 per day course (this includes all material for use on the course. Morning coffee and a light lunch)
We are flexible with dates and we are flexible with payments
You can pay for your course either using a paypal account booking through my website or you can phone me and pay using a Credit Card or you can pay via BACS .